[Haskell-cafe] FFI question

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 03:41:12 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM, Vasili I. Galchin <vigalchin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >        Did a find/grep under my posix-realtime  directory .. no
> > definition of MCL_CURRENT, MCL_FUTURE or MCL_CURRENTandFUTURE!! But If
> > I comment out the case arm MCL_CURRENTandFUTURE in my LockMem.hsc file
> > and run "cabal build" from the directory where my *.cabal file lives
> > .. clean compile ... Sigh!??!!

The fact that they start with uppercase tells me that they are from C, not
Haskell. The implication of their relationship with mlockall is that they
come from a related system header file, namely <sys/mman.h>.

I note that neither my FreeBSD nor my OS X system defines
MCL_CURRENTandFUTURE in /usr/include/sys/mman.h, although the other two are
defined.