[Haskell-cafe] --hyperlinks-in-source ?

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Nov 27 11:58:56 UTC 2014

I am using 'standalone-haddock --hyperlink-source'
(and I cannot praise this enough) but ...

   is there some way to get hyperlinks *in* the source?

currently, I have to jump back and forth
between doc (which has all the links) and source (which I want to navigate -
actually, present for others so they can browse)

I understand there's a nontrivial design space
but I could imagine a basic functionality like:

for each identifier  i  (type, class, constructor, function)
that appears in the source,
generate the link that haddock would produce for  " -- | 'i' "

(3.8.7. Hyperlinked Identifiers
https://www.haskell.org/haddock/doc/html/ch03s08.html#idm140354810770608 )

- J.W.