[Haskell-cafe] Generating valid html

Tobias Dammers tdammers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:17:35 UTC 2014

That's pretty much what my tamper library
(http://hackage.haskell.org/package/tamper) is supposed to be. It's
pretty rough around the edges still, and nowhere near as complete as
Blaze itself, but it works well enough for basic HTML templating, and
unlike Blaze, it is implemented as a monad transformer, which means you
can integrate it with whatever monad stack you like. I couldn't find an
existing solution to this myself, which is why I rolled my own.

Having TamperT be a monad transformer is useful for things like passing
template context around through a ReaderT, or for reading data from a
database on-the-fly by having Tamper transform a monad that provides
database access.

It's not battle-proven production quality code (yet), so handle with
care.