[Haskell-cafe] open-source project looking for novice help?

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Nov 7 18:40:00 UTC 2014

I'm teaching an introductory Haskell course this semester (http://cis.upenn.edu/~cis194/fall14/) and am about to assign students their final project. Is there anyone out there who would welcome getting some novice help on an open-source project? You certainly don't need to commit to accept their patch(es), but I know it would be a great experience for some of the students to contribute to the "real" world of Haskell, instead of just doing exercises. You can get an accurate summary of what we've covered by looking at the lecture titles at http://cis.upenn.edu/~cis194/fall14/lectures.html

Students will be choosing projects starting next week, and will need to have them completed by Dec. 15 or so. A good project is about 20 hours of work.

Thanks!
Richard