[Haskell-cafe] Chan with priorities

Andras Slemmer 0slemi0 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 09:10:27 UTC 2014

STM is very simple to use, you create transactions in the STM monad
(actions that should be executed as an atomic unit) then execute them with
atomically :: STM a -> IO a. Under the hood the STM monad creates a
dependency graph of the used STM primitives (TVars) in order to know when
to undo/redo transactions. But from what I understand you'll pretty much
only need to use (atomically . readTChan c)/(atomically . writeTChan c)
which are in the IO monad