[Haskell-cafe] Object oriented haskell.

Darren Grant dedgrant at gmail.com
Fri May 16 05:54:47 UTC 2014

Well for instance in game development we cover a number of different
computational and creative roles. Being able to design languages that serve
game development easily is a plus, or creating a solid backend
infrastructure. The general tool is often a poor fit.

And sometimes computational systems just have to be extremely efficient,
especially on lowest common denominator targets. This is another good place
for a DSL or some sort of automatic code generation, in which case Haskell
can become like lisp on steroids for spitting out code consumed elsewhere.

Cheers,
Darren