[Haskell-cafe] ghc-mod version 4.1.0

Elliot Robinson elliot.robinson at argiopetech.com
Fri May 2 06:07:39 UTC 2014

Very much agreed with Bryan O'Sullivan on the usefulness of ghc-mod. Thanks
for what you're doing for the Emacs/Haskell community.

One slight concern I've been running into recently is the memory usage of
ghc-modi. I've been on a rampage over the last few days trying to keep the
Chart library from OOMing on my laptop, and this generally involves killing
one or more ghc-modi instances with 1GB+ of resident memory. If anyone else
can confirm this is an issue (and it isn't already a known issue/necessary
evil), I'd be happy to file an issue on Github and do some preliminary work
as to why this is happening.

---
Elliot Robinson
Phone: (321) 252-9660
Site: www.argiopetech.com
Email: elliot.robinson at argiopetech.com

PGP Fingerprint: 0xD1E72E6A9D0610FFBBF838A6FFB5205A9FEDE59A