[Haskell-cafe] Yi project proposal for GSOC 2014

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 06:22:11 UTC 2014

On 10/03/14 19:20, Carter Schonwald wrote:
> guys, move the yak shaving / shedding to another thread please,
>
> lets Help give Mateusz feedback for his proposal on contributing to a
> haskell editor.
>
> What are some ancillary sub tasks you can do independent of the concurrency
> piece? Concurrency is hard and evil and tricky. It'd be great if you work
> that out, but *IF* that blows up into a thorny mess, what are some other
> sub projects you plan to do either way?
>
> -Carter

There are a lot. Nearly all of the other part (see the mentioned
tickets) can be done without concurrency being in place which is I
mention that the project isn't linear. The concurrency is not a blocker
for everything else.

The only thing that the concurrency blocks are editor modes that I'd
like to write iff there is time, however if I do find time that means
concurrency is done ;).

--
Mateusz K.