[Haskell-cafe] ghc-options: -dynamic in package refused by Hackage

JP Moresmau jpmoresmau at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:47:36 UTC 2014

Hello, what's the recommended way to make a package dynamic?

1. I need to make the executable in my package dynamic otherwise I run into

2. I've set ghc-options: -dynamic in my Cabal file and that solves my
issues.

3. I can't upload my package to Hackage, I get a "'ghc-options: -d*' debug
flags are not appropriate for a distributed package" error. I hadn't
realized -dynamic is for debugging purposes...

So is there another way to make my package dynamic and uploadable to
Hackage? Or should I just not put the flag in the cabal flag and let my
users pass the flag when they install?

Thanks!

JP
--