[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANN: io-memoize 1.1

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Thu Jun 12 10:28:42 UTC 2014

Hi Kim-Ee,

> I may want a one-time only IO action, although so far the need hasn't
> arisen yet. ;)
>
> In the spirit of pilfering while the buns are still hot out of the oven, is
> there a backstory for this package you could possibly sketch out? Some
> canonical use case maybe?

I use it to implement beforeAll/beforeAllWith[1] in Hspec[2].  I have
been reluctant to add them because used in the wrong way they lead to
bad/order dependent test cases.  But there are some valid use cases.  So
I decided to finally add them.

Cheers,
Simon

[1] https://github.com/hspec/hspec/pull/173