[Haskell-cafe] compile ghc on Nexus 7 Android Tablet

Sergey Vinokurov serg.foo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 12:00:09 UTC 2014

Hi, perhaps the best strategy that comes to my mind would be to build ghc
cross-compiler first as outlined in https://github.com/joeyh/ghc-android.
And then try to build ghc STAGE1 compiler and libraries with this crosscompiler
so they'll run on arm.

The problem though is that ghc has no native arm backend IIRC. So you'll have to
either build unregistered compiler to run on arm that will compile through C or
make arm ghc compile with LLVM, in which case you'll also need LLVM
binaries for android.

Sergey