[Haskell-cafe] Cabal 1.8 ignores bounds in test-suite sections?

Tom Ellis tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2013 at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 18:02:54 UTC 2014

Ah, thank you, that does the trick.  So the situation is that you can

1. `cabal configure --enable-tests`
2. change the `test-suite` section
3. still run `cabal test`, and it just uses the old settings

This does indeed give me the warning

    ./opaleye.cabal has been changed. Re-configuring with most recently used
    options. If this fails, please run configure manually

but I still find the behaviour a bit odd.  Anyway, I now understand what is
going on!

Tom