[Haskell-cafe] idea: ratings (or maybe comments) for packages in hackage

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Tue Nov 5 05:35:02 UTC 2013

* Simon Hengel <sol at typeful.net> [2013-11-04 23:45:36+0100]
> Or maybe just integrating GitHub stars is the way to go?  If this leads
> to more stars for Haskell projects on GitHub, this would also help to
> promote Haskell in the large open source community!

That's a great idea!

The github url can be derived by checking the homepage url and the
source repository location for the right pattern. (At least one of these
should point to github.)

Then we just need to send a GET request at

  http://api.github.com/repos/:owner/:repo/stargazers

and parse the JSON response.

To avoid the delay while loading the page, I guess it's better to do
this asynchronously on the client side.

Anyone cares to write this piece of javascript?

Roman