[Haskell-cafe] Backward compatibility

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Fri May 3 20:33:36 CEST 2013

All right, here you go: https://github.com/nh2/WashNGo

https://github.com/nh2/WashNGo/commit/08010e7404219470a827f3e4172004f9d2aedc29

Took me around 75 minutes.

Think about it a bit:

I just ported thirty thousand lines of code that I have never seen
before and that has bit-rotted for over six years to the latest
programming environment.

It being Haskell, I am pretty confident it does *exactly* what it's
supposed to do.

I want to see anyone do that with an equivalently sized + outdated Ruby
/ Python project.