[Haskell-cafe] install cuda

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Sun Mar 31 00:56:39 CET 2013

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:43:58 +0100, Peter Caspers <pcaspers1973 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install the cuda package on a Windows 7 enviroment.
> However I run into an error and can not figure out, what it is.
:
:
> See `config.log' for more details
:

The message says it all:
   See `config.log' for more details
The config.log file is probably in the directory where cabal-install
unpacks it (%appdata%\cabal\cuda-<revision>); you can also use the
commands:
   cabal unpack cuda
   cd cuda
   cabal install
   notepad config.log

I just had the same error message for another package; from the config.log
file it became clear, that the linker could not find the necessary
library. Make sure, that the libraries and header files  can be found by
the compiler and linker, by setting the proper environment variables, see
[0]

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

[0] http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Windows#Tools_for_compilation