[Haskell-cafe] Announcement - HGamer3D - 0.2.1 - why netwire

Peter Althainz althainz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 09:13:56 CET 2013

Hi Heinrich:

Its simply the types are more cumbersome, now. In netwire you basically
have one type, which is "Wire ...." with some type parameters
(underlying monad, inhibition type, in-type, out-type), When underlying
monad and inhibition type is choosen, you can define a type synonym and
all boils done to "GameWire a b" in all types, events (GameWire a a),
behaviours (GameWire a b), what you want. Signal inhibition makes Events
and Behviours looks equal. Also the overall network has this type. And
by the way, no generalized datatypes (forall t. ....), which I'm also
not too comfortable with.

In reactive banana we have considerably more types then in netwire:

- One tpye for Behaviours

- One type for Events

- sinks in addition: sinkoutput[text:==showNumber<$>result]- what is
that? (I know it has something to do with feedback loops)

- scary type for the network description: "forallt.Frameworkst=>Momentt()"

best regards Peter