[Haskell-cafe] Streaming bytes and performance

Konstantin Litvinenko to.darkangel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:21:24 CET 2013

On 03/20/2013 11:17 AM, Branimir Maksimovic wrote:

> Are you sure? I use ghc 7.6.2 (compiled with -O2) and without bang patterns
> for 1million iterations it blows stack space.
> With bang patterns it runs in constant space , same as
> other version?

Okay, I have found the root of allocation problem. It is not because of
7.4.2. If I use -auto-all it somehow change code generation and start
allocating. If I remove -auto-all from command line than no allocation
occurs. That really weird because now I don't know how to profile and
get meaningful results :(