[Haskell-cafe] Maintaining lambdabot

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 07:08:17 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Jan Stolarek <jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl>
> wrote:
> > Gwern, and what do you think about James' fork of lambdabot? It seems
> that there was a lot of work
> > put into it and that this is indeed a good starting point to continue
> development.
>
> I haven't looked at the diffs; if as he says the security around the
> evaluation has been weakened, that's a deal-breaker until it's fixed.
> lambdabot can't be insecure since it will be run in a public IRC.

I absolutely agree. There are sandboxing things we can do around the
lambdabot instance, but Haskell has a lot of opportunities for statically
disallowing questionable things. I would like to start our defense there
and add layers around that.

My real reason for reviving this thread: Can I get a status update, please?

Thanks,
Jason