[Haskell-cafe] linking errors while compile hugs98 in macos

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 18:42:35 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Junior White <efiish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Cafe,
>   I downloaded the latest hugs98 source package, unzip and build, I get
> the following link errors. It seems many symbols are not defined, am I
> missing same depending libraries?

I don't think anyone is maintaining hugs any more.

>   "_environ", referenced from:
>       ___hscore_environ in ccuTP291.o
>      (maybe you meant: ___hscore_environ)

"environ" is a legacy pre-standards interface to the process environment
and has been deprecated for a long time; it looks like Mountain Lion no
longer exports it at all.  More proof that hugs is moribund, if it's still
using those ancient interfaces.