[Haskell-cafe] Monadic parser vs. combinator parser

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Thu Jan 31 14:17:07 CET 2013

Dnia czwartek, 31 stycznia 2013, Ertugrul Söylemez napisał:
> Remember that 'Either e' is also a monad. =)
I remember - this makes the change from Maybe to Either very easy :) Still I found that adding
error message to every combinator and function ads a lot of boilerplate. Also, I experince
problem with granularity of the messages, e.g. a message like "digit expected" is too low-level
not helpful without telling user that the problem was in the incorect date format.

Janek