[Haskell-cafe] Ticking time bomb

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Thu Jan 31 09:22:18 CET 2013

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 30.01.2013, 15:07 -0800 schrieb Edward Z. Yang:
> Nevertheless, I believe we are in violent agreement that
> cryptographically signed Hackage packages should happen as soon as
> possible!

I don’t think we need hackage support here. Just add a "MD5-Sum:" field
to the .cabal file specifying the checksum of the resulting tarball, and
everyone can just check it after downloading. At least with MD5 and
modern computers, this should be possible by now or soon.

(SCNR)

Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner