[Haskell-cafe] Mobile app development?

Kristopher Micinski krismicinski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 19:56:35 CET 2013

For reference, the only components provided by the Android platform
(listed on the Android website, and what I found digging through the
provided NDK) are:

libc (C library) headers
libm (math library) headers
JNI interface headers
libz (Zlib compression) headers
liblog (Android logging) header
OpenGL ES 1.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0 (3D graphics libraries) headers
libjnigraphics (Pixel buffer access) header (for Android 2.2 and above).
A Minimal set of headers for C++ support
OpenSL ES native audio libraries
Android native application APIS

Having these things is a far cry from being able to use any of the
typical Android facilities from native code: you can't even implement
GUI normally.

The one project I've seen which attempts to generate stubs for easy
use by native code is:
http://code.google.com/p/cle-for-android/

I'm not sure of the current status, but the last I checked it was
still a bit premature.

Kris