[Haskell-cafe] resources for learning Hindley-Milner type inference for undergraduate students

Anton Dergunov anton.dergunov at mail.ru
Fri Jan 18 11:29:57 CET 2013

 I also agree that Cardelli paper is great.

It was also very useful for me to follow Python implementation provided in the following blog post:
http://www.smallshire.org.uk/sufficientlysmall/2010/04/11/a-hindley-milner-type-inference-implementation-in-python/

I found it useful to investigate in Python debugger how various terms were interpreted.

You may also find useful implementations in Scala and Perl:
http://dysphoria.net/2009/06/28/hindley-milner-type-inference-in-scala/
http://web.archive.org/web/20050911123640/http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~nikitab/courses/cs263/hm.html

Also, I have plans to read "Typing Haskell in Haskell" by Mark Jones and "Practical type inference for arbitrary-rank types" by Simon Peyton-Jones et. al. They are also related here, but not directly.

--
Best Regards,
Anton Dergunov