[Haskell-cafe] version of containers fixed by template-haskell?

Andres Löh andres.loeh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 14:28:03 CEST 2013

>> ghc is installed globally, and local packages should not "break" it.
>
> still cabal-install says so (and I don't dare to test ...)

If you're installing locally or (even better) in a sandbox, then you
cannot completely (i.e., irrevocably) break your compiler. You can
always remove the package db. Yes, Cabal warns you nevertheless,
because if the user package db is your current context, the ghc
package will subsequently be broken in that context, and that can be
bad/inconvenient enough in practice.

Cheers,
  Andres