[Haskell-cafe] GHC maintenance on Arch

Ramana Kumar Ramana.Kumar at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 08:38:02 CET 2012

I believe your main question (how do I do my work without wasting time) has
already been answered: use IgnorePkg.

I would like to add, in case you missed it, that there is a mailing list
and community specifically for Haskell on Arch.
Here is the webpage: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ArchHaskell
The [haskell] repository is currently in sync with Hackage and builds with
the latest ghc. (It does not yet include all of Hackage; your help would be
welcome.)
(The [haskell-web] and [haskell-extra] repos include more packages, with
more or less in-sync-ness and omissions due to ghc 7.6 failures.)
Ultimately we do want Arch packages for Haskell packages, because cabal is
not a package manager (see
https://ivanmiljenovic.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/repeat-after-me-cabal-is-not-a-package-manager/
).