[Haskell-cafe] Explicitly passing an argument to an arrow

Alfredo Di Napoli alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:03:23 CEST 2012

Thanks Brent, this should do the trick, although what I was asking was
something more general:

For "explicitly pass" I meant passing them without the eta reduce, in other
terms:

swapA' :: (Arrow a) => a ((b,c), (b,c)) (c,b)
swapA'  t = (????) swapFirst >>> swapSecond (???)
  where
    swapFirst  = first $ arr snd
    swapSecond = second $ arr fst

 where the question marks indicate that I don't know how to tell swapFirst
"hey, even though from the outside
I'm passing you a tuple *t*, you have to take as input a (t,t)."

Hope this is clearer or it has some sense at all, maybe I'm not getting
correctly the way arrows work!

bye,
A.

Like this?