[Haskell-cafe] how to check thunk

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:33:09 CEST 2012

On 2 July 2012 22:17, Austin Seipp <mad.one at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
> <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you've taken over maintainership, should we remove it from
>> haskell-pkg-janitors?
>
> I haven't removed it from haskell-pkg-janitors because I haven't made
> a release and the current package points there as the homepage and
> source repository. My intentions were to remove the original
> repository (as I'm a member of the github group) once a release was
> made.
>
>> (I would also appreciate having my copyright being listed in
>> https://github.com/thoughtpolice/vacuum/blob/master/pkgs/graphviz/src/GHC/Vacuum/GraphViz.hs
>> as that looks suspiciously like my code [1,2]).
>
> I've pushed a commit to fix this. I'm very sorry - I imagine I was
> copy-pasting module-header boilerplate across the source tree to get
> some decent haddock results, and forgot about that (I also put the
> code for vacuum-graphviz up as LGPLv3 to match Vacuum's license even
> though I prefer BSD. Perhaps this should be changed as well, if you're
> not opposed.)

I'm OK with BSD for this.  And I understand that copy-pasting
boilerplate could mess things up ;-)

There is a 2999.13.* series of graphviz out, I haven't actually tested
this but I think for the limited part of the API that gets used it
remains the same.

When you get around to updating vacuum-cairo, it should then also dep
on vacuum-graphviz and use customise vacuumParams if need be and then
a custom call to graphToDotParams (that was the point of why I wrote
the graphviz usage like that; Don copied a lot of the old Dot usage
out just to be able to customise the attributes).

> I'll probably make a release later today after doing a glance over the
> source tree and adding attributions I otherwise forgot (including
> Conrad's work.)

Well, you should probably mention Matt Morrow in Authors.txt ... ;-)
(and the only thing I did was remove the old manual Dot manipulation,
so it could be argued that my name isn't as important in there).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com