[Haskell-cafe] Need advice: Haskell in Web Client

dokondr dokondr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 11:49:16 CET 2012

Hi all,
I hope to use Haskell for graphics (charts) programming in Web client.

My current implementation in brief:
Server side, Haskell modules:
1) collecting various statistics from Twitter
2) generating text data for Gnuplot (http://www.gnuplot.info/)
3) Gnuplot creates png files with charts

Web client:
GWT (Google Web Toolkit) web UI that allows user to enter queries and see
resulting charts  in Web browser. Charts are png files generated by Gnuplot
on the server side.

Ideally, on the server side  instead of using Gnuplot I would like Haskell
to generate Javascript to be downloaded to Web client and draw charts in
the browser. Something, very approximately, similar to what GWT does :)
This code will be specific of course to plotting Javascript framework, no
problem.
Looking at "Haskell in web browser - HaskellWiki:"
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_in_web_browser#Haskell_web_toolkit
I feel a little confused about current state of the available Haskell tools
for this task.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dmitri