[Haskell-cafe] haskell-like scripting language

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Mon Dec 17 23:11:44 CET 2012

I gave Shelly a try. Pretty cool - using it for some of the scripts on
my system. Has me wondering though: is anyone working on creating a
actual Haskell-like scripting language and engine?

Shelly is cool, as I said, but I imagine it would be more valuable to
have another language that is actually separate from Haskell, with an
interpreter that is more lightweight and changes much less frequently
(than GHC). Something that could be nearly as portable as Bash or Perl.

--
frigidcode.com