[Haskell-cafe] emacs literate haskell mode

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Wed Sep 28 08:25:21 CEST 2011

I tried mmm-mode with a few configurations, but I get into trouble
when using other haskell-mode features. Also, the wiki page on
haskell-mode ( http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_mode_for_Emacs#Literate_Haskell
) specifically mentions mmm-mode tricks are not needed anymore and
shouldn't be used.

Its built-in support does a great job to keep all code blocks working
the way I want, but the latex parts are just dead text.

I wouldn't mind to switch manually, as most of the time I'm either
coding (touching only small parts of latex), or writing (leaving the
code parts as-is).
However, latex mode seems to trip over certain code parts ($ sign in
haskell code for example).
So it seems it's not smart enough to just ignore code blocks.

Probably I need to look into latex mode a bit more, so it becomes
off-topic for this list.

Thanks for your help
Mathijs