[Haskell-cafe] doctest: Interpreter exited with an error: ExitFailure 127

informationen informationen at gmx.de
Wed Sep 21 18:52:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 07:30:16PM +0300, Sakari Jokinen wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 7:50 PM, informationen <informationen at gmx.de> wrote:
>> doctest: Interpreter exited with an error: ExitFailure 127
>
>You are trying the doctest binary from the command line and not the
>library interface?
>
>I tried this with ghc 7.0.3 and doctest 0.4.1 but could not reproduce
>it with "$ doctest Fib.hs".
>On the other hand you have in the example a space before "-- |
>Compute.." and that produces a parse error for me.
>
>> This is the content of Fib.hs:
>>
>> module Fib where
>>  -- | Compute Fibonacci numbers
>> --
>
>Sakari

Hi Sakari,

yes, i am using the binary version of doctest. I don't know
where the extra space comes from, but that is not the problem.

Do you have any idea, what the error message wants to tell
me.  What does "interpreter exited with .." mean. If i add a
main-method i can run the program flawlessly with runghc, but
doctest still refuses to work.

Kind regards

Chris