[Haskell-cafe] ANN: cabal-ghci 0.1

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 23:59:06 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Etienne Laurin <etienne at atnnn.com> wrote:
>>> Here is a helpful package I wrote to ease the development of projects
>>> using cabal.
>>
>> Is :cabalset custom per project or could I put the same things in my ~/.ghci?
>
> Everytime I run :cabalset or cabal-ghci, it looks for a .cabal file in
> my current directory or any of its parents, it loads the cabal file
> and it generates a list of ghci options for that project.
>
>> Did you know that cabal-dev supports loading your project into ghci?
>
> Yes :)
>
> Sadly, some of my test and build scripts don't yet work with cabal-dev.

It sounds like the two projects (cabal-ghci and cabal-dev) should get
merged.  It sounds like the cabal-ghci features would compliment the
other cabal-dev features.  Or maybe cabal should support "plugins" in
the way hledger and git supports them.  Food for thought.

Thanks for explaining the difference!

Jason