[Haskell-cafe] matrix manipulations and calculations

Thomas Friedrich info at suud.de
Fri Sep 9 13:13:58 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I need to do a lot of matrix manipulation and it needs to be fast.
There seems to be a whole bunch of packages dealing with matrix
calculations on HackageDB.  I am wondering, what is the current
state-of-the-art?

I started of using hmatrix [1] now.  However, I eventually would like to
use some functions from the statisics-package [2].  They both use
different types for their vector representations.  In hmatrix a vector
is of type Data.Packed.Vector.  In the statistics package, vectors are
based on [3].

I found this:

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Linear_algebra

but the last post is from 2005.  That is 6 years ago.  What is the state
now?  What would you recommend me to use?

I don't want to code and then realise in a few month, I made the wrong
decision.  So, help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

--

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hmatrix-0.12.0.0