[Haskell-cafe] Current Haskell report URL

Twan van Laarhoven twanvl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:10:35 CET 2011

On 23/11/11 23:02, Tom Murphy wrote:
>   Is there a reason that the Haskell 2010 report is in a subdirectory of
> haskell.org/onlinereport <http://haskell.org/onlinereport> (which
> currently points to the Haskell98 standard)?
>
> http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/   -- Haskell98
> http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/haskell2010/   -- Haskell2010
>
> If it's for historical reasons - because books etc. use this URL for the
> 98 standard, then I'd highly recommend making a new directory called
> "currentreport" or something (if there isn't one already).

IMO, a book author should expect that an URL like
http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/ could change to point to a new
version, since it doesn't mention a version number or date anywhere.

The most sensible directory structure would be:

   http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/
   http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/haskell98
   http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/haskell2010

Where the onlinereport/index.html says something like:

   Latest version:
    * <haskell2010>
   Previous versions:
    * <haskell98>