[Haskell-cafe] A Mascot

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Tue Nov 22 17:34:17 CET 2011

On 11/22/2011 05:22 AM, Jeremy Shaw wrote:
> I think the artwork is nice, but I am not sure that a lamb is an
> appropriate mascot for Haskell.
> <snip>
I disagree as well. I think you're looking too much into what a mascot should
means; looking at others mascot, linux's tux, freebsd's demon, go lang's
thingie, perl (and ocaml)'s camel, java's duke (huh?), ..., do you think that
any of them subscribe to your description of what a mascot should be ?

I think cute is good enough, and heathmatlock's lamb da, a good and simple name
with a funny pun, definitely made me smile, and hope that's something i see on
haskell tshirts soon ;-)

(And as a side note, i think the honey badger looks like a brute animal, not an
elegant and beautiful animal.)

--
Vincent