[Haskell-cafe] graphviz: dotizeGraph and graphToGraph not adding positions

Max Rabkin max.rabkin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:19:41 CET 2011

My understanding of the documentation for Data.GraphViz.dotizeGraph
and graphToGraph is that they should add position attributes to a
graph. But they always seem to return graphs with empty attribute
lists. What am I doing wrong in the following tiny example?

> dotizeGraph nonClusteredParams (insNode (0, "Blah") $ empty :: Gr String ())

I expected the first list to contain at least a Pos attribute.

I have written a wrapper around /usr/share/dot which shows the program
is outputting positional information.

--Max