[Haskell-cafe] Tool to brute-force test against hackage libraries to determine lower bounds?

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 00:58:53 CET 2011

I don't know about you, but I personally haven't found the time to cast
back in time for each of my package's dependencies to find a true lower
bound version.

Do we have any tools that would do the following?

   - ask Hackage for the available versions of package foo
   - use cabal-dev to build your package against foo-X.Y.Z forall {X,Y,Z}
   (but leaving other packages unconstrained)
   - report successes and failures, including last failure before the
   present version (and therefore lower bound, exclusive)

Johan, would it make any sense to extend your Jenkins setup to do this?

  -Ryan