[Haskell-cafe] Data.Vector.Unboxed

kaffeepause73 kaffeepause73 at yahoo.de
Wed Nov 9 22:33:01 CET 2011

Thanks for the replies. - Looks like there's not a straight forward way and
I'm not yet on a level
and don't have the time to make fancy wrappers or instances.

Repa is indeed very Interesting, but I have changing vector length in the
second dimension and later on only want to generate Data on demand. If I use
Matrices, I will use loads of space for no reason.

Seems like sticking to Boxed Vector for now is best Choice for me.

But another question here  - isn't data.vector also providing
multidimensional arrays? So is Repa just another Version of Data.Vector or
is it building another level on top. -- And when to use best which of the
two ?

Cheers Phil