[Haskell-cafe] Easiest to use NoSQL storage with Haskell?

dokondr dokondr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:34:11 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Daniel Schoepe <daniel at schoepe.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:59:46 +0300, dokondr <dokondr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > What  Haskell package to work with NoSQL storage is both mature and
> easiest
> > to use?
> > I need persistent storage for simple key/value lists (not complex JSON
> > docs).
> > CouchDB and Cassandra seems to be overkill for my needs. What about Riak,
> > MongoDB,  Voldemort, etc. ?
>
> persistent (part of yesod, but useable without other yesod libraries) is
> quite pleasant to use and supports MongoDB:
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/persistent-0.6.4
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/persistent-mongoDB-0.6.3
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

I am wondering if Database.Persist can work with key/value storage such as
Riak or SimpleDB where records are lists of key/value pairs and any two
lists can have different keys?
Is simple implementation of 'persistent'  based on files with key/value
records possible?
For example 'persistent' based on KyotoCabinet package?
(http://hackage.haskell.org/package/KyotoCabinet)<http://hackage.haskell.org/package/KyotoCabinet>

Dmitri