[Haskell-cafe] Depth first search

David Barbour dmbarbour at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 01:08:16 CET 2011

Major error is in the line of code: `| otherwise =  dfs' g y ( v : vis )`

You need something closer to:
   let vsx = dfs' g x (x : vis) in
   dfs' g v vsx

That is, first visit everything you can reach from x, then backtrack to add
anything else you can reach from v. This implementation will forget which
nodes you've already visited from v, though that might not be a big issue.
If you want to fix it, separate the `list = g ! v` into the caller, rather
than the callee, such that there are two lists at `dfs'` - a to-visit list
and a visited list.

This fixes a few minor errors (you did not define y, and you added `v` to
the visitors list).

Also, fix dfsSearch:
  dfsSearch g v = reverse $ dfs' g v [v]

That is, add the node you're starting with to those you've already visited,
and since you're adding to the front of the list the element visited last,
you may wish to fix that.

Order in this case is [0,4,3,2,1] due to the order from buildGraph.