[Haskell-cafe] Quicksort in Haskell

Peter Scott pjscott at iastate.edu
Tue Nov 8 00:54:13 CET 2011

You can narrow down the problem by commenting out the part of the file
that's giving you problems, and trying out the other functions in ghci. In
your case, the main function is causing a parsing error. If you comment it
out, you can verify that quicksort works correctly. Then look at your main
function and see where it's broken. Try this out, and compare with what you
wrote:

module Main (main) where

quicksort [] = []
quicksort (s:xs) = quicksort [x | x <- xs, x < s] ++ [s] ++ quicksort [x |
x <- xs, x >= s]
main = do
  putStr "Ingrese la lista\n"
  line <- getLine