[Haskell-cafe] Tell cabal-install to generate only shared libraries

Yves Parès limestrael at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 01:04:13 CET 2011

Apparently, disabling library vanilla causes GHC not to generate the ".hi"
files :
For instance when 'cabal install quickcheck --disable-library-vanilla':

Registering QuickCheck-2.4.1.1...
cabal: QuickCheck-2.4.1.1: file Test/QuickCheck/All.hi is missing (use
--force
to override)
QuickCheck-2.4.1.1: file Test/QuickCheck/Function.hi is missing (use --force
to override)
[...]
override)
QuickCheck-2.4.1.1: file Test/QuickCheck/State.hi is missing (use --force to
override)
QuickCheck-2.4.1.1: file Test/QuickCheck/Exception.hi is missing (use
--force
to override)
QuickCheck-2.4.1.1: cannot find libHSQuickCheck-2.4.1.1.a on library path
(use
--force to override)