[Haskell-cafe] happstack file serving

Gary Klindt gary.klindt at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:24:48 CET 2011

Hey Antoine,

thank you for answering. Your strategy is quite similar to the one I
prefer. I misunderstood the behaviour of serveDirectory. The problem
with external javascript files is solved.
The other problem I had, was, that the argument 'msum' is a list, which
has elements with the same type, so I needed a conversion from
m [Char]  to  m Response.
In Happstack.Server.Response there is a function, which actually does
that: flatten:

module Main where

import Happstack.Server
import Control.Monad

main :: IO ()
main = simpleHTTP nullConf $
     msum [ flatten $ dir "ok" $ ok "jeahh!"
          , serveDirectory DisableBrowsing ["index.html"] "static" ]

Cheers