[Haskell-cafe] Enterprise Haskell -- help

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu May 26 20:23:50 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Srinivasan Balram
<srinivasan_balram at marlabs.com> wrote:
> folks:
> I was advised to post this request here. This is about needs of daily-grind
> enterprise development.
> Enterprise developers need 3 categories of books in Haskell urgently:
>  (i) Haskell (CookBooks / Recipes)
>  (ii) Haskell Enterprise Development i.e. how to connect commercial
>  RDBMS and use Haskell along with SQL effectively
>  (iii) Haskell Web/Network Development
> Books by Don Stewart & Miran Lipovaca are excellent for
> beginner/intermediaries. Erik Meijer's tutorial videos were very useful as
> well. But they are not enough.
> This may sound boring, but such books are badly needed "today". It's hard to
> convince clients/devs to start projects "without such resources".
> I am trying to push for Enterprise Haskell projects. Would appreciate
> pointers to resources for doing large scale Haskell development
> Thank you
> -ram

The Yesod book[1] is being actively worked on, and covers web
development with the Yesod web framework. Though many of the chapters
there should be applicable to other systems, such as the enumerators
chapter.

Michael

[1] http://www.yesodweb.com/book