[Haskell-cafe] lambdabot hoogle

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Wed May 25 21:41:58 CEST 2011

On 2011 May 25, at 21:04, Neil Mitchell wrote:

> Hi Jacek,

Hi Neil,

>> Any pointers to the least painful way of getting 'hoogle data' to
>> work on OS
>> X?
>
> Set up a shell alias so wget just calls curl?

Their interfaces are different. (Though maybe there's some option
which makes curl sufficiently similar to wget, but I haven't bothered
to look because ...)

> Install wget on OS X?

Yes. Download, untar, configure, make, sudo make install ... did the
trick in about two minutes.

(Kinda obvious really, wasn't it! I plead mitigating circumstances
because my brain has been beaten to a pulp by all the stumbling
through installations I have been doing over the last 3 days.)

Thanks.