[Haskell-cafe] Wanted: composoable parsers from haskell-src-exts

J. Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Mon Mar 14 18:55:05 CET 2011

Hi.

I want to use parsers from haskell-src-exts as sub-parsers,
which does not seem to work since they insist on consuming the input completely.

I would need them to parse a maximal prefix,
and return the (unconsumed) rest of input as well
(cf.
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/parsec/3.1.1/doc/html/Text-Parsec-Prim.html#v:getInput
)

I figure that happy has the %partial directive for that, but the description
http://www.haskell.org/happy/doc/html/sec-directives.html#sec-partial-parsers
does not really tell me how to obtain the rest of the input.

Any hints (or code samples) appreciated. Thanks - J.W.