[Haskell-cafe] Best Linux Distro for >>=

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sun Jun 19 12:26:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 19.06.2011, 15:33 +1000 schrieb Mark Wright:
> Fedora, Debian, FreeBSD:
>
> I don't use them, however I think they have very good support for
> Haskell packaging.  For example, Fedora updates the haddock documentation
> index as pkgs are installed and removed

same on Debian, file:///usr/share/doc/ghc-doc/html/libraries/index.html
is one of the most-visited locations in my computer :-)

For Debian, you can check where we deviate from the Haskell Platform on
http://people.debian.org/~nomeata/platform.html
and
http://people.debian.org/~nomeata/hackagevsdebian.html
gives you an idea of our coverage of Hackage.

And, something that we are proud of: The dependencies between the
Haskell library packages include the ABI hash, so an apt-get upgrade
will never break installed Haskell libraries, but only upgrade if all
depending packages have been rebuilt.

Greetings,
Joachim

--