[Haskell-cafe] Simple CSV parser?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Jun 17 00:05:58 CEST 2011

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, Dmitri O.Kondratiev wrote:

> How to make cabal install all the dependencies? I couldn't find this in the docs at:
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cabal-Install

Usually, 'cabal install' automatically installs all imported packages. But
it will certainly not do, if a dependency problem cannot be solved by
downloading packages. In your case it may be, that installed packages are
compiled with respect to different versions of the same package, say
'transformers'.

I found out, that you get more useful cabal messages if you force
cabal-install to use a specific version of a package.

Say, run
$ ghc-pkg list transformers
transformers-0.2.2.0

Then call
$ cabal install spreadsheet --constraint=transformers==0.2.2.0

What does 'cabal' tell you?