[Haskell-cafe] YesodAuth documentation

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Mon Jun 13 20:46:31 CEST 2011

2011/6/13 Michael Steele <mikesteele81 at gmail.com>:
>>Does exist some simple examples using yesod authentication except code of
>> Haskellers site? Does exist some examples using YesodAuthEmail?
>
> Another example is Orangeroster [1].
>
>>For example, can i use  third-party mail server instead of Sendmail for
>> YesodAuthEmail?
>
> No. Email handling is done through the mime-mail package, which uses
> sendmail to do it's work.

Actually, that's not entirely accurate. The Yesod scaffolding tool
generates a site that uses mime-mail and sendmail, but there's nothing
inherent in yesod-auth requiring either. Additionally, mime-mail
includes a function to use the sendmail executable, but it can also be
used with other packages, such as Haskellnet. I think we should move
in the direction of making these integrations better. In fact, next
time I need to set up a project that sends email, I'll likely be doing
just that.

>>Can i disable registration confirmation? Does passwords stored in a
>> database in an unencrypted form?
>
> The stock email plugin does not let you disable these features, but it
> should be easy to write your own.

You could just copy the email module from yesod-auth and make the
modifications there. Or even better if you're so inclined: submit a
patch to make these features optional. If you are so inclined, feel
free to contact me for some guidance.

Michael