[Haskell-cafe] Vi mode in ghci?

David McBride dmcbride at neondsl.com
Fri Jun 10 22:25:47 CEST 2011

Somehow in the distant past I managed to get vi editing mode working
for ghci on ghc 6, but when I upgraded to ghc 7, I can't seem to
figure out how to enable it anymore.  I think I might have been using
ghci-haskeline in the past.  A post I read somewhere suggested that
ghc 7 should have innate support for vi mode, but I can't figure out
if it does, or how to enable it.  Does anyone know?

I'm willing to recompile ghc to use readline to get vi mode support if
that is possible and the only way to do so.